The Health Insurance Marketplace
Open enrollment in the individual Health Insurance Marketplace will run from November 1st to December 15th
New Hampshire residents who are buying a plan on HealthCare.gov should update their applications and actively compare plan options. If you don’t have insurance, aren’t happy with your current coverage, or are looking for a more affordable plan, the Health Insurance Marketplace provides you with new options to find health coverage that fits your budget. You can search and compare plans online, and quickly see if there’s a plan that works for you.
5 Facts you need to know:
1. Open enrollment on the Health Insurance Marketplace lasts until December 15 on HealthCare.gov. Beat the rush and sign up early.
2. No matter if this is your first time getting covered or you are returning to shop and save, you must take action by December 15.
3. Those who choose to go without health insurance may have to pay a penalty. There is a minimum penalty of $695 for not having health insurance.
4. Coverage could be more affordable than you think - and there is a possibility to receive financial help. Last year, 8 in 10 people qualified for financial help - for most people, that meant they could find premiums between $50 and $100 per month.
5. Free help is available. If you have questions about signing up or want to talk through your options with a trained professional, free help is just a call or click away. Call 1-800-318-2596 or click here to get local help.